Saturday, October 1, 2011

Too many books!!!!

This is one of many bookshelves

I just returned from a library book sale today and added more books to my already too large collection.
While pondering my obvious book addiction I decided to go on a year long book fast. With two exceptions- any book that becomes available from my paperbackswap wishlist can be accepted and any book that is given as a gift (includes gift certificates).

I will will spend this year reading and enjoying the books I already have. I look at this as a discipline in contentment. I can already see how this practice will spill into other efforts of my life. Which btw is one reason I am starting this blog. I read and enjoy so much of what is shared on other women's blogs that I thought it an important exercise to try my hand at it. I don't expect anything to come from this other than a place for me to see the beauty in my OWN life. I want to learn to take more pauses in life. And take more photos!

Books by my bed to be read this year

2 comments:

  1. I, too, love books and although I have read many in my collection, I cannot bear to part with my old "friends."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh those library book sales:)
    Glad to "meet" you and thank you for recommending Evolving in Monkey Town, I did order it which is something I rarely do - buy new books that is.
    Warm wishes,Tonya

    ReplyDelete