There's nothing I love more the books than book lists. And one of the best resources I have found is Honey for a Woman's Heart .
I love books and have spent most of my life surrounded by them in one way or another. I have worked in many libraries & bookstores including this great one when I was just 19. And so when I see a good book list well I get excited! Especially for good children's literature. I also have this one, among countless others. One of the first things I do when reading a good book is to look at the back for the book lists. And then I usually go straight to paperbackbookswap to put it on my wishlist. Which is part of the reason I have so many books.
I have started reading the Narnia series to my 3 middle aged children and have fallen in love with it. Both of my older children have read the series more than once. But I haven't! What a world has been opened up to me. I read ferociously when I was a child, but alas it was unguided and so I read a great deal of twaddle.
So I will be reading a great deal more to my children this year as well as great children's literature on my own. As C.S. Lewis wrote " that any book worth reading at ten years of age should be worth reading at fifty."
And so if you love a good book list as much as I do here are a few I will be reading in the near future:
All-Of-A-Kind-Family series
Betsy-Tacy (to my soon to be 5 year old daughter)
Pinocchio (which my oldest daughter tells me is nothing like the Disney movie)
Heidi (ditto)
Anne of Green Gables series (on my own)
Vet in the Vestry & Poultry in the Pulpit
Our Only May Amelia
A Tale of Two Cities
Out of Africa
and there will be many many more.

Oh how I love books too. I read the Chronicles of Narnia as a young child but would love to re-read them.
ReplyDeleteRight now we are reading the Little House on the Prairie series and I am utterly fascinated by them, just as I was when I was a young girl. Highly recommended! It is just amazing what the pioneer families had to endure.